Under the Lemon Moon by Edith Hope Fine
In rural Mexico, Rosalinda wakes to find a Night Man has taken lemons from her much loved tree. She discovers the man selling her lemons but realises he had a need to do this.
With this new understanding, she gives away her lemons, including to the Night Man. He tells her to plant the lemon seeds while the lemon moon is in the sky.
Teaching Resources: Under the Lemon Moon
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Brilliant Start Magazine: Forgiveness: A Virtue-Building Lesson Plan
- Beyond the Page: Under the Lemon Moon Discussion Questions & Activities
- Captioned Media Program: Under the Lemon Moon Lesson Plan
- Collaborative Classroom, Story Guide for Under the Lemon Moon
- Collaborative Classroom: Story Guide
- Edith Hope Fine Website, Dig Deeper—Under the Lemon Moon—Activities
- Lee and Low: Under the Lemon Moon Teachers Guide
- Markkula Center for Applied Ethics: Under the Lemon Tree Teaching Resources
- Take a look inside