We’re All Wonders by R J Palacio
Auggie, from Wonder, returns in this picture book. “My mum says I’m unique. She says I’m a wonder!… But some people don’t see that I’m a wonder. All they see is how different I look.” Auggie shares how he likes to do ordinary things, like riding a bike and eating ice cream, he just doesn’t look ordinary. Other children stare and laugh at him. “They even say mean things behind my back. But I can hear them.”
Teaching Resources: We’re All Wonders
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Additional No Outsiders Resources: Lesson Plans
- The New York Times: R.J. Palacio and Meg Medina Talk Diversity and Children’s Books
- Random House: Share the World Wonder with Your Class activities
- Wonder Website: Educator’s Guide
- Wonder Website: Information For Teachers
- Wonder Website: Pledge to Choose Kind
- Take a look inside
Books by R J Palacio
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through them, I will get a small referral fee and you will be supporting me and my blog at no extra cost to you, so thank you! You can find more information here.