Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox
Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mem Fox is a moving picture books that promotes compassion, community, friendship and relationship skills.
A boy named Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge lives next to an old people’s home. His favourite resident “of all was Miss Nancy Alison Delacourt Cooper because she had four names, just as he did. He called her ‘Miss Nancy’ and told her all his secrets.”
When Wilfrid finds out she has lost her memory he goes on a journey to discover what memories are so he can help Miss Nancy find hers.
Teaching Resources: Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- CPalms: Close Reading
- Foldables: What’s a Memory? Activity
- Mem Fox Website: Picture Book Background
- Mem Fox Official Website
- Reading Australia: Teaching Resources
- Reading is Fundamental: Teaching Support Materials
- Reading is Fundamental: Teacher Guide
- Storyonline: Lesson Plans
- Scholastic: Lesson Plan
- Take a look inside
Books by Mem Fox & Julie Vivas
- Picture Books to Inspire Acts of Kindness
- Wellbeing Picture Books & Resources
- Picture Books Embracing Dynamic Friendships
- 14 Charming Kids Books That Reveal the Meaning of Love
- Children’s Books & Resources for the IB Learner Profile Traits
- 18 of the Best Children’s Books about Identity
- Identity Books and Resources for the Classroom