You Will Be My Friend! by Peter Brown
Lucy is enthusiastic and single-minded in her attempts to find a new friend. As she travels through the forest, she lets the animals know they are her new friend. “We’re going to do cartwheels! And climb trees! And have picnics! And have a dance party!”
When they find her energy all too much and retreat, she shouts “Come back here and have fun with me!” After declaring her mission fruitless she comes across an egg, declaring “You WILL be my friend! I can wait.“
Teaching Resources: You Will Be My Friend!
These resources relate to the book, author and illustrator. The number of resources varies book to book. Please check they are appropriate for your specific needs before using them with children. If you have any suggestions please get in touch!
- Autism Inspiration: Discussion Prompts
- Bright Hub Education: Friendship Lesson Plan for Kindergarten Students
- Iowa City Schools: Peter Brown Curriculum Plan
- Peter Brown Website: You Will Be My Friend! Activity Kit
- Peter Brown Website: You Will Be My Friend! Colouring Sheets
- Reading is Fundamental: Teaching Support Materials
- School Library Journal Video: Author and Illustrator Peter Brown On His Process